Ways to Support CRAB
CRAB operations, programs and fleet maintenance depends largely on the generous financial support of its many donors, sponsors, and grants from individuals and organizations in the region.
Only a nominal amount of funding comes from people with disabilities as CRAB’s services are provided free of charge to guests and partnering organizations. CRAB is a 501c3 organization and all donations made to CRAB are tax deductible. Click here to view or download the CRAB brochure.
Ways to Support CRAB
- Donate Online using the form to the right
- Donate by check payable to CRAB and mail to:
- P.O. Box 6564
- Annapolis, MD 21401
- Request a matching gift through your company (if matching gift, please include contact person, email and telephone #).
- Consider choosing CRAB to be the recipient of legacy gifts in honor/memory of a loved one.
- Include CRAB as a beneficiary in your will or trust - Don Backe Legacy Society
- Combined Federal Campaign - #74892
- United Way - #2348
- Indicate CRAB as a preferred registered non-profit on Amazon Smile
Don’t itemize? No worries. Your contribution to CRAB is now “above the line” tax-deductible up to $300, thanks to the COVID-19 Relief Bill. Consult your tax advisor for more details.
Make the most of your giving to CRAB using the CARES Act. Here’s what you need to know about the CARES Act, and how you and others may be able to use it to maximize charitable giving to CRAB when it means the most.
On March 27, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act was signed into law to help combat the far-reaching impacts of COVID-19. The bill may provide increased tax incentives for charitable giving for some donors, but these benefits apply only in the 2020 tax year, so you must act by December 31. Although there are a number of potential benefits, we wanted to highlight the benefit below.
- Donors who itemize can deduct cash contributions to CRAB to offset up to 100% of their income. Ordinarily, this income tax charitable deduction for cash gifts is limited to 60% of income. The 100% limit allows especially generous donors to reduce their 2020 federal income tax to zero. Existing carry-over rules still apply, so those who are even more generous can carry forward unused cash contribution deductions for up to five years. This makes it easier now more than ever for our most generous supporters to make a gift of a lifetime to CRAB. Please note that this only applies to “cash” donations.
Please check with your tax advisor to learn more about how the CARES Act may specifically apply to your tax situation. We know that CRAB supporters have important priorities for their families and loved ones, and that their health and financial well-being comes first. We are here to help shape a charitable gift plan that suits your needs and allows you to support CRAB's important work.