Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating DBA CRAB, is a nonprofit activity provider. The purpose of this CRAB Waiver & Release of Liability Agreement is to exempt, waive, and relieve Released Parties from any and all liability for any harm, wrongful death, personal injury, property damage, claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to liability arising from the negligence of Released Parties. “Released Parties” include Chesapeake Region Accessible Boating DBA CRAB, and their volunteers, representatives, administrators, directors, officers, agents, employees, contractors; and, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, and advertisers; and, if applicable, the State of Maryland, operators, and lessors of premises on which the activities or events take place.
In consideration of the undersigned Participant being allowed to participate in any way in CRAB related events and activities, the Undersigned (“Undersigned” means the Participant or the Participant’s parent, legal guardian, or legal representative when the Participant is under the age of 18 or legally incapacitated) agrees and acknowledges as follows:
- Risks of Activity. Participant will be taking part in activities that can be hazardous and involve the risk of physical injury and/or death. The activities can be dangerous and the Undersigned fully realizes the dangers of participating in the activities. The dangers and risks of the activities include, but are not limited to the condition of the premises and equipment, and the acts, omissions, representations, carelessness, and negligence of the Released Parties. Recognizing the risks and dangers, the Undersigned voluntarily chooses for Participant to participate in the activities and expressly assumes all risks and dangers of the participation in the activity, whether or not described above, known or unknown, inherent, or otherwise.
- Risks of Participation. The Undersigned recognizes and understands that while Released Parties have undertaken reasonable steps to lessen the risk of transmission of communicable diseases, including but not limited to, COVID-19, in connection with participation in the activities, the Released Parties are not responsible in any manner for any risks related to communicable diseases in connection with Participant’s participation in the activities. Specifically, the Undersigned understands that COVID-19 is a highly contagious and dangerous disease, and that contact with the virus that causes COVID-19 may result in significant personal injury or death. The Undersigned is fully aware that participation in the activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to transmission of communicable diseases (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying a communicable disease; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting a communicable disease, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from communicable diseases or the treatment thereof. Further, the Undersigned understands that the risks of all communicable diseases are not fully understood, and that contact with, or transmission of, a communicable disease may result in risks to the Participant including but not limited to loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense, the exact nature of which are not currently ascertainable, and all of which are to be considered Inherent Risks.The Undersigned hereby voluntarily accepts and assumes all risk of loss, personal injury, sickness, death, damage, and expense for the Participant arising from such Inherent Risks. Furthermore, the Undersigned represents and warrants that Participant does not knowingly carry any communicable diseases that may be transmitted during participation in the activities.
- Release and Indemnification. Undersigned (a) unconditionally releases, forever discharges, and agrees not to sue the Released Parties for any claims or causes of action for any liability or loss of any nature, including personal injury, death, and property damage, arising out of or relating to Participant’s participation in any CRAB events or activities or the Participant’s presence on or travel to the premises where such events or activities take place, including, but not limited to claims of negligence, breach of warranty, and/or breach of contract the Undersigned may or will have against the Released Parties; and (b) agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any liability or damage of any kind and from any suits, claims, or demands, including legal fees and expenses whether or not in litigation, arising out of, or related to, Participant’s participation in such events or activities or the Participant’s presence on or travel to the premises where such events or activities take place.
- Medical Treatment- Undersigned understands that the Released Parties do not have medical personnel available at the location of the activities. Undersigned hereby grants the Released Parties permission to administer first aid or to authorize emergency medical treatment, if necessary. Undersigned understands and agrees that any such action by the Released Parties shall be subject to the terms of this agreement and release, including any liability arising from the negligence of the Released Parties when administering first aid or authorizing others to do so. Undersigned understands and agrees that the Released Parties do not assume responsibility for any injury or damage which might arise out of or in connection with such authorized emergency medical treatment.
- Miscellaneous. Undersigned agrees (a) Participant will not engage in any activities prohibited by any applicable laws, statutes, regulations, and ordinances; (b) this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Maryland and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any claim shall be located in the state courts located in Annapolis, MD; (c) this Agreement shall be binding upon the subrogates, distributors, heirs, next of kin, executors, and personal representatives of the Undersigned;(d) this Agreement shall be construed as broadly as permitted by applicable law; and (e) that in the event that any clause or provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid by any court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such clause or provision shall not otherwise affect the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT I AM RELEASING LEGAL RIGHTS THAT OTHERWISE MAY EXIST. BY SIGNING BELOW, I HEREBY REPRESENT THAT I AM AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND FULLY COMPETENT TO SIGN THIS AGREEMENT ON MY OWN BEHALF AND GIVE FULL CONSENT FOR CRAB TO PUBLISH ANY AND ALL PHOTOS OR FILM IN WHICH I APPEAR.